You are at the section Welcome to the Unofficial The Eight is Enough Section
"Eight is Enough" RULES!
One of My Backchat Letters That Aired on fX (Sep 30, 1994)
Yup, I said TV!
The cable network fX
, which is Fox gone cable, aired a viewer-mail
program called Backchat
. In the beginning, it aired Monday through
Fridays in late night and repeated in early morning, plus repeated on the
Jeff Probst was the host for about 3 years until he left the hosting duties
to his former co-host of recent, Jane Fergus. It currently airs once a week
on Sunday nights and repeats the following Sunday morning. The show has
changed considerably. I wrote many letters that somehow got aired on the cable
One of the running things that lasted briefly was the RULES series where if someone sent
in a letter saying Jack The Dog Rules!!, for instance, they make up a list of rules that
Jack goes by. Here is what I e-mailed in the same day Sep 30 (it took them 18 hours to respond!)...
Eight is Enough Rules!!!
And the writing staff came up with some rules for the Eight Family.
- Nobody spends more than ten minutes in the bathroom.
- Nobody spends more than ten minutes on the phone.
- Nobody is allowed to get a haircut that might be considered flattering.
- Everybody has to wear name tags when company comes over.
- Everybody has to smile when answering: "No, that wasn't us; that was 'The Brady Bunch'."
Please Pay Webmaster To Help With Expenses In Maintenance:
© 1995-2018. davesfunstuff.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website without expressed written consent is prohibited.